At the beginning of the each semester, the Interfraternity Council hosts an organized process that is open to all men who register. It will begin Sunday, August 14th, 2016 and run through Sunday, August 21st, 2016 and will include all necessary programming for Week of Welcome and will not interfere with classes. It is open to all men who register. Men interested must be registered by August 1st, 2016 in order to participate. Formal recruitment includes house tours of each fraternity as well as invite-only chapter events.
Fall Rush 2017
Date: September 17th
Location: Huntington Club
Date: September 18-22nd
Location: Fraternity Houses
Spring Rush 2018
Steps For a Successful Rush Week
- Spring 2017 Men's Rush Week is Tuesday, January 17th through Friday, January 20th.
- Rush events will be held at individual fraternity houses from Tuesday, January 17th through Thursday, January 19th. These events follow an open door format.
- Try to map out 3-5 fraternities per day that you can check out. Keep all your options open.
- DO NOT RUSH ONLY ONE HOUSE!
- Check out houses of all membership sizes! You may find that your original opinions on fraternities could change.
- Dress business casual - nothing too fancy.
- Be yourself! Do not try to fit the mold of what you think a stereotypical ‘fraternity’ guy is.
- At each fraternity house, make sure you give all your information to the individuals at the registration table. This ensures that you can be contacted by members of the organization(s) about your future membership.
- While you are at a fraternity house, try to talk to as many people as you can. This will help you know if that fraternity is the right place for you.
- Under No Circumstances are you allowed to drink alcohol or do drugs during recruitment. Do not show up to recruitment events under the influence of alcohol or drugs. This will result in your removal from recruitment events. If you are offered any alcohol or drugs, or hear about these substances being present at a fraternity house, please contact the Interfraternity Council Vice President for Recruitment, Sean Crimmins, at email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contacnt Sean Crimmins, V.P. of Recruitment for Interfraternity Council.